Virtual Finland Ice Marathon 2021
Please join us completely symptom free
- Download Koronavilkku-application
- Koronavilkku is a contact tracing app produced by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) to help you find out whether you may have been exposed to coronavirus. If you have a coronavirus test and are diagnosed as infected, you can use the app to share this anonymously with those you have been in close contact with. Your privacy is strongly protected.
- Come to the area completely healthy
- Pay attention to fellow travelers and avoid congestion
- Remember good hygiene: cough up your sleeve, wash your hands and wear hand gloves
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters outside your party
- If you are unable to keep a safe distance from others, we recommend using a face mask
Read more about FIM's crown guidelines
Please note the new Finland border restrictions will enter into force on 27 January and will remain in force until 25 February. The new restrictions aim to reduce cross-border traffic in order to prevent the spread of the new COVID-19 variants. Read more here
Virtual Finland Ice Marathon 2021
The competition period from February 1 to February 28, 2021
Sign in here
Results can be seen here
Report each of your achievements to the registration system - see the link in your email
When you register for the race, you will receive a link in your email that will allow you to record your performance. You can also mark your performance via the link. The link can be found in your email (see also spam). Report each of your performances to the registration system (series, mileage and place of performance). The three most kilometers in each series will be viewed through our registration system. So it is important that you report the correct kilometers to our system.
Please notice, we do not mail awards abroad.
Finland Ice Marathon 2021 is organized as a virtual, independent outdoor exercise event. The event is free. There will be no awards ceremony or other public events in the virtual event.
In the virtual FIM 2021 race, the Fastest will not be awarded, but the prizes will be drawn. One performance in any sport equals one lottery ticket. The more often you make a run, the better your chances are of winning the draw! Now we are not looking for the fastest movers but the most active!
In addition to this, the three participants who have gathered the most kilometers in each sport will be awarded (ice skating, ice skating with poles, stud biking, kick sledding, and running with studded shoes)! You can participate in any series as many times as you want. Please note, we do not mail awards abroad.
You can run virtual FIM in Kuopio, Stockholm or Amsterdam! The virtual event is therefore not limited to the community. The number of entries, kilometers and places of performance (location) will be announced in our registration system. Sign in here
Entry numbers and kilometers will be registered to our registration system - check you email!
Youth (under 15) can participate in any sport. Youth will receive a commemorative medal for their participation. The commemorative medal can be picked up after the event. The medal can be picked up from the Queen-R restaurant boat for a race number. You will receive a number tag in your email. The Queen-R is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless otherwise noted. The youth must be registered by a parent or guardian in our registration system (contact information required). Please notice, we don't ship awards or medals abroad.
Residents can pick up a commemorative medal from the location. The medal can be picked up from the Queen-R restaurant boat for a race number. You will receive a number tag in your email. The Queen-R is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
School classes cannot participate in the lottery. Afterward, school classes will be provided with a memory of their participation. School classes are to announce their participation to esa.pietikainen(a)pohjois-savonliikunta.fi
As the ice rinks of the Finland Ice Marathon are on natural ice, there is no official pre-defined race track. The participant is free to choose which tracks they will use during the performance, as long as the tracks are in good condition. Mestar maintains the ice rink on weekdays.
The competition period from February 1 to February 28, 2021. With the extended race time, we want to ensure that everyone can move safely on the ice, taking into account safety distances.
You can participate in five different sports. In all of these sports, you will participate in a draw.
- Family skating (family size is not limited)
- The purpose of family skating is to encourage the family to move together on the ice!
- Please move on ice only with your own core family
- In family skating, each participant will receive a commemorative medal. The commemorative medal can be picked up after the event. The medal can be picked up from the Queen-R restaurant boat for a race number. You will receive a number tag in your email. The Queen-R is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Skating with poles
- Studd cycling
- Kick sledding
- Running with studded shoes
Register in our electronic registration system
Report each of your achievements to the registration system (series and mileage)
The three most kilometers accumulated in each series will be viewed through our registration system. So you must report the correct kilometers to our system. Winners must also be able to prove their performance (GPS), e.g.
- Using a sports application such as Sport Tracker or Strava which track your GPS
- Using a sports watch such Suunto, Polar, Garmin which track your GPS
In the virtual Finland Ice Marathon 2021 event, everyone moves on the ice at their own risk. The organizer does not take responsibility for material or health damage. Participants should consider other ice movers. Participants are not insured by the event organizer (Pohjois-Savon Liikunta ry) or the track operator (Mestar). Mestar maintains and repairs the ice on weekdays.
Participation for all those who have already registered will be automatically transferred to the 2022 event free of charge.
If you have registered for one of the Finland Ice Marathon races (biking, kick sledding or ice skating), your registration will be automatically transferred for free to the 2022 Finland Ice Marathon event (Finland Ice Marathon 2022 / 25.-26.2.2022).
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact:
Tiina Kiiskinen (Competition Office)
044 702 1915